Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are doing free form- basically we pick our topic. I have decided to do ten things I wish I did/ ten things I wish were still a thing.
- Book Buds: One of my coworkers was telling me last week about how they used to mail books between a group of friends. This sounds awesome! I always wanted a friend that I could do this with. Pre-eBook, there were a few coworkers that I would share my books with but we never really talked about them. What I envision is having a paper book that I have read and mailing it to one of my friends. For instance, I just bought a great book at the discount book store; if it is as good as I think it will be I think By Hook or By Book would love it. After reading I would send her the book with a little note. Maybe I would even have my tabs still in there… I don’t know. By Hook or By Book would do another review (I would have done one before sending… or maybe we would converse through email to have our reviews come out at the same time so it is more like a discussion.). By Hook or By Book would then have the option to send it to someone else, donate it to her local library, or send it back to me with her notes. (An aside to By Hook or By Book, I apologize for using you as an example. You are actually one of the few I can see this working with. With that in mind if you are interested, contact me!) She would then send me a book.
- Book Clubs: Due to my odd schedule book clubs are hard for me, though I feel like I would love to do this. I tried to on line ones, but they seemed so odd and often jumped topics. It was hard to keep up, and rarely seemed to be about the book. I feel like I would prefer one where everyone had so much time to read a book and met in person (or live chat) to discuss.
- Journaling: I have always felt the urge to start a journal, but never keep up with it. Let’s face it, I am 30 odd years old with no children. I am a cashier and a book nerd. Not much happens in my life to write about. Don’t get me wrong, I love my life and actually usually love my job as well…. It just isn’t something to write home about.
- Scrapbooking: See journaling for most of the reasons why this doesn’t work for me. I love the idea of it though, and wish I were the type of person to do this. I am not really crafty though.
- Ladies Night: I have several friends and family members in town that I would love to get together with for ladies night out. I don’t mean picking up men, more like dinner- maybe a drink- movie or dancing type thing. I am lazy though so this isn’t happening. Hell, I would even love to go to someone’s house for popcorn and movie or pot luck meal ladies night. You know, just hang.
- Letter writing: no emails, just getting nice paper or a blank card and writing someone. I did this with my mother in California for a while, but I never got a letter back and well, began to feel like maybe they were an imposition. Also, what does one write about when very little actually happens?
- Walks: Not running, or jogging… just walking through town. I used to do this all the time (then I got a license, and lazy). I would just grab my backpack and walk down Main Street or where ever, and go into stores that struck my fancy. Or I would stop at a park and read. You know, just meander around.
Well nuts… I can’t come up with anymore. Sorry guys! What are some things you guys wish you did?