Hey guys! I was nominated for the One Lovely Blogger Award by James J Cudney IV @ this-is-my-truth-now. We found one another a few months back and I have really been enjoying his book reviews. I am pretty excited to be doing this, because I honestly don’t know what to tell people a lot of the time. I would like to be more open on this blog and let you know me. So let’s start:
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people to do the award!
Seven facts about me:
- I cry a lot. It’s sad actually. I will cry over books and movies- I am not ashamed of this. I am ashamed, though, that I cry when I am deeply frustrated. This serves to piss me off and I cry harder. I have worked on this weird quirk for the last twenty years and it has gotten better…. but it still happens.
- I always wanted a cat, but my father is allergic. When Warren and I started our life together he bought me Sassy Britches from For The Love Of Animals as an engagement present (I had never wanted a “nice” ring as my body tends to eat up metal and I work in an area where it could get banged up). Her previous owners had declawed her completely and left her outside when they moved. Bea from the organization found her during a thunder storm. Needless to say, Sassy still hates the sound of storms. She is what I like to call my comfort kitty. When I am crying she cuddles me and tries to make me feel better, and she will hang with me when I am sick. She has a lot of attitude, though, and constantly makes me laugh. She taught my husband to play hide-and-seek for treats.
- I love food. For most of my life it was my comfort. Not terribly, but if I was sad I had no problem going to the mall and getting a giant bowl of pho or a slice of cake from Walmart and just eating it. This is a problem and probably why I was 236 pounds when I started my healthy living plan. I now try to use myfitnesspal to help me figure out portion control and monitor my exercise which was nonexistent before. For the most part I have been able to incorporate most of my favorite foods- or healthier versions of them- into my life. The most embarrassing has been French fries- I love fast food but if I want fries I have to ask for them unsalted. I feel guilty making extra work, but I really miss my fries. I haven’t been able to incorporate pho yet, my sodium levels just won’t allow it unless that’s all I eat a day. In two months I am now down 22 pounds.
- I ask dogs if I can pet them. I mean… I ask the owner first, but even if they say yes the dog may not be feeling me. I always offer them my hand to smell and ask them specifically. It might be weird, but it feels like the right thing to do.
- I was a huge fan of The Voice years ago. I still love a lot of the singers I heard there, like Nakia, Sawyer Fredericks and Christina Grimmie. I used to have a second cat for a while, Jack, and he would come running when he heard the theme song. We would watch the show together. Jack also loved cooking shows- sometimes we would look at each other. You could just tell I was thinking “I could do that” and he was thinking “why aren’t I eating that?”. Ever since he passed of old age it’s been hard to sit down and watch the shows. Is that weird?
- I collect old Disney movies when they come out on Blu-ray. I loved the animation and the stories. I had to search everywhere for Oliver and Company, but it was worth it!
- I have never liked Star Wars. I just cannot get into it, which is weird because one of my best friends is nuts for it. I love Kris and support him in all things geeky, but I don’t care for the movies myself. That said it is a lot of fun to watch the fans have a good time.
So that’s me! I want to nominate:
- Books and Co.
- Panic at the book store
- Real Tasty Pages
- By Hook or by Book
- Beth from Hello Beautiful Blog
- Read in a Flash
- Eden from Thrice Read
- Novel Gossip
…. and everyone else!