Top Ten Tuesday is a long running meme that is currently hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s prompt is going to be all about characters we’d like to be BFF’s with. Sounds like fun, right? Here we go!
- Rei Shimura from Sujata Masey’s mystery series under that name. I feel like Rei is really cool and I would love to pick her brain about Japanese culture and antiques. Mostly though, I just want to go out for sushi with this troublesome cutie- it sounds like a good time.
- Riley Moon from Janet Evanovich’s Knight and Moon series. I am not going to lie, I miss this series and am eager for more. Riley just seems awesome. She’s smart, sassy, a bit of a spit-fire and can give as good as she gets. I love her!
- Arrietty from Marry Norton’s children’s series The Borrowers. I adore these stories. It’s a good thing Studio Ghibli finally did she characters and premise justice because it just brought these awesome characters to more people. Arrietty is strong, loyal, brash, impulsive and impossibly young. I would love to just hang out with her.
- Milo from Michael Poore’s Reincarnation Blues is a smart ass while still being a complete dumb ass. He gets life after life to attain perfection, and he finds a way to enjoy them and his time between lives while still not getting it right. I can’t help but admire his determination, though, not to mention his bravado. I wouldn’t mind having this guy on my side in a battle of wits or any other.
- Captain Haviland from Ellery Adam’s Books by the Bay series. I will admit it… I want that dog. He’s smart, funny, gorgeous and well trained. I think we’d get on well together.
- Harris from Ellery Adam’s Books by the Bay series. Smart, geeky, sweet, romantic. This guy is just my type! It doesn’t hurt that he’s also really cute. I can see geeking out and having a blast with him. And if I were single? I would probably have a huge (and most likely unrequited) crush.
- Nicholas from Alexandra Bracken’s Passenger series. This guy is just really cool. Loyal to a fault, whip-smart, and strong…. pretty sure he’d be good at keeping me out of trouble while we ran around. Wouldn’t it be just awesome to go sailing with him?
- Temerity from Shari Shattuck’s Invisible Ellen. She’s a bit of an inspiration, if I am honest. While blind, she doesn’t let that slow her down in any way. She’s smart, funny, fun and one of those real ride-or-die friends. No matter what’s going on, Temerity would have your back.
- Chubs from Alexandra Bracken’s Darkest Minds series. He’s smart, a problem solver, maybe a little over protective… still, Chubs reminds me of my best friend in High School.
- Hermione Granger from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series. I guess it’s pretty obvious that I would surround myself with smart people. Seriously, though, Hermione is awesome and I have always loved her best.
Who would be on your list?